Yesterday, when an Aam Aadmi Party MLA made some irresponsible statements without any supporting evidence dragging my name along with that of Narendra Modi in an unnecessary controversy, I had rubbished the charge. Today, to further pursue the allegations which the AAP has manufactured, they decided to hold a protest at my residence. I am convinced that AAP is a party of pathological liars. They create a falsehood and then convince themselves of its truth.
Let me now deal with the statement of the MLA named Madan Lal.
• Neither Narendra Modi nor I am aware of who is this Madan Lal, MLA.
• He claims that he was approached on telephone on 7th December,2013 with an offer to meet me.
• He does not know the name of the person who telephoned him. Nor does he know the number from where the phone came. He has not even checked his call data records to provide him the identity of the caller if such a call did exist.
• On 7th December,2013 the results of the Delhi election had not yet been declared. Madan Lal was not an MLA. Most people in Delhi did not visualize that he would be an MLA or that his party will get a sizeable number of seats. Why should somebody call him for a dubious purpose before his election as an MLA.
• He further claims that some 10-12 day ago some person from Gujarat approached him with a significant offer of bribe.
• He does not know the name of the person who approached him or his status or designation.
• He did not follow his party’s advice that bribe must be accepted and the bribe giver should be subjected to a sting operation.
• He chose to keep quiet for about 10 days.
• Curiously, the AICC General Secretary, Shakeel Ahmed made a statement about these incidents of alleged bribe giving an hour before Madan Lal’s Press Conference.
The absurdity of his claim is evident. The facts speak for themselves. But the AAP appears to be creating a falsehood, convince itself of its truth and keep pursuing the matter even if it is absurd and false on the face of it.